Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Hello my friends! I hope you are all having a wonderful week. We are just trying to keep from floating away! We got 6 inches of rain in the last 24 hours! Can you believe that?! Crazy!! I love the rain but geez...

Today I have a St. Patrick's Day card to share with y'all. I've had this design in my head for quite some time now & I'm pretty happy with how it turned out....(By the way...I'm totally addicted to challenges now! in case you couldn't tell, lol)

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

My Pink Stamper-  March Pinkalicious Blog Hop Challenge, "St. Patrick's Day! Think Green!"

Peachy Keen Stamps -  Peachy Challenge 08, "Anything Goes"

Cardz TV -  Cricut Cardz Challenge #104, "Wearing of the Green"

K Andrew Designs -  Simply Sunday Challenge, use green & white & 1 other color

Little Scrap Pieces -  "Luck of the Irish"

Creative Cutter Room -  Design Time Thursday, "St. Patrick's Day" Challenge

DL. ART -  Thankful Thursday Challenge, my chosen sentence is "Shamrock is the National Flower of Ireland"

Scrappy Moms Stamps -  Terrific Tuesday Challenge, "St. Patty's Day Challenge"

BBTB2 -  Project of the Week Challenge, use a shamrock & green

Simon Says Stamp -  "A Bit o' Green", St. Patricks Day theme





I used my Cricut Imagine for this entire card. All the colored papers are from the color pallette on the "Best Friends" Imagine cartridge, except the shamrock patterned background paper which is DCWV. I printed out a full sheet of pink paper for the card base & cut it down to make the card size 4" x 9". The shamrocks are from the "Designer's Calendar" cartridge (pg. 30, base & shadow features). The green shamrocks are cut at 2.2" & the pink shamrock at 2.5". I used 3 different Cuttlebug embossing folders:  D'Vine Swirls, Swiss Dots & the one that came with my machine which I can't find the name of. The twine is Peapod & Honeydew from The Twinery. The clear rhinestones are from my stash. The face on the pink shamrock is from the Peachy Keen Stamps Large Critter Faces set. The edge punch is from Fiskars. I used some pink chalk for the cheeks & a white Signo pen to fill in the whites of the eyes.

Thanks so much for stopping by today & I hope you have a wonderful rest of the week - and happy St. Patty's Day"!!

29 comments:

  1. So cute! I love adding the non-traditional pink and the adorable face. Great job. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Creative Cutter Room!

    Tonya
    CCR DT
    ittybittyladybugs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an adorable card. Love the PKS face and all the clovers.
    Thanks for joing CCR
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday challenge.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute. I love the one different color shamrock with a face and the different embossing on the others. Great job. Thanks for sharing with us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is ADORABLE! I love the Peechy Keen faces and I love the embossing!!! Super great job!!!

    Thanks so much for joining us over at CCR!!

    Crafty Hugs,
    Jessica
    www.craftinandstampin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is CUTE!!! I love how you threw some pink in there, the embossing, the PK face---just darling!! Thanks for joining us this month in the My Pink Stamper Pinklaicious Blog Hop!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute card, love that you used the PKS face stamps. I really love all of the extra details you added like the border punch, twine and bling, very nice! I am a new follower of your blog and am looking forward to more of your creations! I hope you will take the time to stop by to check out my blog and become a follower too!

    www.scrappindhilly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just adorable.... I love the pretty pink shamrock...and all that embossing. Thank you for joining us at BBTB2 shamrock challenge.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the color combination and that sweet Peachy Keen face- awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a cheerful project. The embossing on it is great as well. The pink shamrock is a fun twist on the traditional green of the season. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at the Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge.

    Cheri - Getting Cricky JrDT
    www.djssundries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous project! I love the sweet face. I only have critter faces in medium, I think I need to get another size. Thanks for playing with us this week at Cricut Cardz Challenge by Cardz TV. Hope to see you back again soon :)

    michelle
    http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. So super cute! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty!! I love how you embossed the shamrocks! I just cut these out for my daughter and the daycare kids to decorate tomorrow!! Thanks for joining us for the Simply Sunday Challenge!
    Kristan
    Getting Cricky Jr. DTM

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how pretty! Love the color combo, embossing and adorable face. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute card!! I love the idea!!
    Thanks for Playing with us @ PKS!!
    TFS!! Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Diana thanks so much for joining my challenge this week. Your card is so pretty. Love all the different embossing you did and the pink shamrock with the green is a wonderful color choice. Hope you have a great ST Patrick's day Karen

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cute card!! I love that pink shamrock with the cute face. Thanks for playing with us at BBTB2!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks great. I love that one lone pink shamrock. Thanks for sharing at Creative Cutter Room.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super sweet! Great embossing and design! Adorable peachy face!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Isn't this card just the cutest thing, great job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I knew you would love twine! I love this card! I am with Missy... love the pink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Irish Day my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very cute! Love the face and the embossing you did on your shamrocks!!! Great job!
    TY for sharing with us @ Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge!

    Amanda
    Getting Cricky JrDt
    cricktncrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. The pink Shamrock is so cute and LOVE the embossing you used on the other shamrocks! Adorable Card! Thanks for playing along with us at Getting Cricky

    Heather - Getting Cricky Jr. DT member

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so pretty card! Great looking Clover
    Thanks for joining CCR
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very cute. I love twine and your embossing really sets off the shamrocks. Thanks for joining us at Simply Sunday.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn
    GC DT member

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love this it has bought a smile to my face. Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Challenge this week
    Hugs
    Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Adorable!! Love the texture and the shamrocks....great job. Thanks for sharing another one of your super cute projects with us in the Creative Cutter Room.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your card is so cute!! Thanks for joining us in the Getting Cricky Simply Sunday challenge.

    Veronica
    Getting Cricky JrDT
    mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very cute card! Thanks for joining us at the Creative Cutter Room!

    Tracy
    DT2 Member
    owlbecraftin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete